- Sheriff's Office
- Employment Opportunities
Lee County Sheriff’s Department Salary, as of 12/1/2022
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office accepts Lateral Transfers
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Lee County Sheriff's Office Merit Commission:
- U.S. citizenship.
- Must be of sound character, without criminal convictions.
- Minimum of 20 years of age to apply and be placed on the eligibility list.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to be hired.
- High school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Valid driver's license.
- Patrol/Corrections Candidates Must possess a Valid Firearms Identification Card
- Patrol Candidates Must pass the Illinois P.O.W.E.R. test (this Pre-Employment Condition is not required at the time of application)
- Patrol/Corrections Candidates Must be available on scheduled testing dates to participate in a mandatory written examination. Location TBD
- Telecommunication Candidates Must be available on scheduled testing dates to participate in a mandatory written examination. Location TBD
- Residency Requirement: Employees are encouraged to live within the borders of Lee County; however, employees may live within a reasonable distance of Lee County.
The Lee County, IL Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employees work 12-hour shifts in a two-week rotating schedule:
Patrol start time: 5a-5p & 5p-5a
Corrections start time: 6a-6p & 6p-6a
Tele-Communications start time: 5:30a-5:30p & 5:30p-5:30a