The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is no longer accepting applications for Patrol, Corrections or Telecommunications Positions.
Last date for accepted applications was Friday, December 2nd, 2022
Lee County Sheriff’s Department Salary, as of 12/1/2022
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office accepts Lateral Transfers
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Lee County Sheriff's Office Merit Commission:
- U.S. citizenship.
- Must be of sound character, without criminal convictions.
- Minimum of 20 years of age to apply and be placed on the eligibility list.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to be hired.
- High school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Valid driver's license.
- Patrol/Corrections Candidates Must possess a Valid Firearms Identification Card
- Patrol Candidates Must pass the Illinois P.O.W.E.R. test (this Pre-Employment Condition is not required at the time of application)
- Patrol/Corrections Candidates Must be available on scheduled testing dates to participate in a mandatory written examination. Location TBD
- Telecommunication Candidates Must be available on scheduled testing dates to participate in a mandatory written examination. Location TBD
- Residency Requirement: Employees are encouraged to live within the borders of Lee County; however, employees may live within a reasonable distance of Lee County.
The Lee County, IL Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employees work 12-hour shifts in a two-week rotating schedule:
Patrol start time: 5a-5p & 5p-5a
Corrections start time: 6a-6p & 6p-6a
Tele-Communications start time: 5:30a-5:30p & 5:30p-5:30a